Dallidet Adobe and Gardens Renovations
For History Center of San Luis Obispo County
In 2009, the Hind Foundation granted $55,000 to the History Center of San Luis Obispo County for the restoration, repairs, and upgrades of the Adobe to keep it at more stable and comfortable temperatures for visitors and to better preserve the museum's artifacts. Designated California Historical Landmark #720, the 1850’s Adobe was home to Pierre Hypolite Dallidet, his wife Maria Ascension Salazar, and their seven children. The Dallidet Adobe was acquired by the San Luis Obispo County Historical Society in 1953 from Paul Dallidet, youngest son of Pierre and Ascención.
• History Preserved
The restoration and upgrades to the Adobe maintain the interior climate to preserve the former Dallidet home belongings and offer a climate inviting to visitors.
• Continued Education
Renovations like this allow the facility to remain open to the public for educational tours, events, and weddings, preserving our past through continued education.
|Area of Funding: Historical Landmark Restoration|
|Type of Funding: Standard Grant|
|Amount Funded: $55,000|
|Year Funded: 2009|
|Year Completed: 2009|
|About the Organization|
|History Center of San Luis Obispo County|
|696 Monterey Street|
|San Luis Obispo, CA 93401|
The History Center of San Luis Obispo County promotes education and individual understanding of County History and cultural heritage. The Society serves local residents and visitors by collecting, preserving, exhibiting, and providing access to relevant artifacts and materials.